I am a psychotherapist /counselor in practice for nearly 40 years. My commitment is to quality service in a warm, professional environment offering short-term counseling and long-term psychotherapy specializing in individual and couples therapy with adults.
I believe we can all grow if we learn to focus on what is truly meaningful and examine what is preventing us from actualizing that meaning. We are all meant to thrive despite the difficulties our circumstances may present. The collaboration between client and therapist can enable the path towards growth and fulfillment.
As a clinician, I use a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches tailored to the needs of the client including psychodynamics, systems, cognitive-behavioral, attachment, relational, solution-focused, experiential and existential therapies.
Licenses, certifications, specialties, affiliations and a partial list of accepted insurances are below. Call if you don't see your insurance on the list.
Please contact me if you have questions or think I could be of help to you.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#751)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (#311)
- National Board Certified Counselor (NCC)
- National Board Certified Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- National-Certified Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist (NACPBT)
- American Counselor Association (ACA)
- American Mental Health Counselor Association (AMHCA)
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Georgia Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (GAMFT)
- Marital Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Life Transitions
- Communication Skills
- Coping Skills
- Life Transitions
- Marital Issues
- Men's Issues
- Peer Relationships
- Personality Issues
- Relational Enhancement
- Resolving Toxic Shame/Guilt
- Self Esteem
- Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Therapist in full-time private practice at Crossings Counseling Center for the last 24 years
- Staff therapist at non-profit sliding scale agency
- Supervisor at a community mental health center
- Staff therapist at adolescent treatment center
- Supervisor at a drug treatment center
- Behavioral Health Systems
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Holman Group
- MH Net Behavioral Health
- Psychcare/Life Solutions